The Safety Supervisor monitors workplace activities to promote and ensure employee compliance with applicable safety regulations.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Conducts employee training on applicable safety standards.
- Reviews safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Conducts safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety regulations.
- Inspects safety equipment; recommends replacements.
- Drafts and implements internal safety standards and policies.
- Reviews accidents and incidents reported by employees and visitors to the facility.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct training.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, or related field required.
- Health and safety certification preferred.
- One year of related experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel to conduct safety inspections.
- Prolonged periods are sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.