Opportunity to join young design-build self-perform general contracting organization and take lead in developing Summit Livestock Facilities electrical and controls design endeavor in-house. Looking for an design engineer/technician who will help promote the development of creative solutions to construction challenges and drive competitive costs for our customers through high quality design and planning.
Projects to Include: Nationwide large scale turn-key green-field livestock complexes, agricultural food processing and handling facilities, commercial agricultural projects, single-building farm shops and livestock buildings.
- Drive electrical design for livestock facilities
- Make sure the right source information is transferred from client to designer and from designer to drawings and from drawings to sub-contractor and/or electrical and controls self-perform division
- Facilitate electrical discovery questions with the client for design input and requirements
- Review sub-contract pricing proposals to insure fair and complete pricing
- Work closely with preferred sub-contractors on design-build approach projects
- Walk through site during and after construction to make sure quality and as-built scope is up to par
- Walk through existing facilities and establish electrical system repair and renovation opportunities with proposed solutions
- Integrate controllers livestock system designs
- Be familiar with current PLC, SCADA, and other control technology
- Engage with vendors to understand feasibility limits of the control technology
- Engage with control vendor to align controller design with end user objectives
- Incorporate controls package with electrical scope for seamless field execution
- Pull development of controls scope up earlier in the pre-con process and coordinate closely with controls suppliers and equipment providers
- Engage in R&D Effort around automation and ventilation
- Create specs for a temporary instrumentation of an area or room to measure impact of R&D work
- Deploy the “temporary” monitoring system with cameras
- Review results to ensure alignment between measurements and real impact
- Drive ROI on electrical and controls work for the company by:
- Improved electrical buy-outs
- Increasing our capability and capacity to take on self-perform electrical design and field work
- Troubleshooting existing services for repair and renovation contracts
- Engaging in R&D efforts to drive continuous improvement results
- Visit job sites and assist field crews in problem solving and construction phase design solutions as challenges arise
- Must have good written and communication skills.
- Endorse the Company’s morals and ethics.
- Embrace and Communicate Company Culture of Do Right, On Time, With Excellence
- Have a desire to help others be pro-active in their work and business practices.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Four-year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum and five years experience in estimating, design related activities, project management, or construction management.
- Alternatively, 8 years of experience in design related activities or project management. Experienced with design-build, engineer/procure/construct, construction management, or hard bid projects.
To Apply For This Position:
Send resume to:
Human Resources Department
Attn: Doug Brunton
FBi Buildings, Inc.
3823 W. 1800 S.
Remington, IN 47977
Or email resume to: email@example.com
All submissions will be kept confidential.