Develop complete Permit-ready and Construction Drawings using computer design tools (AutoCAD).
- Work closely with Project Sales Consultants and Engineering to develop Permit-ready and Construction Drawings.
- Lead pre-construction meetings. These meetings will provide the opportunity to brief the construction team on the scope of the project, how Design intended the project to be constructed, as well as pointing out special details or areas of concern. This is to be done in concert with the Material Plan Specialist position to help transform the project from paper to reality.
- Build relationships with construction personnel and command their confidence as the trusted resource for questions regarding scope, details, etc as it pertains to the construction drawings.
- Support Project Sales Consultants, Product Task Force members, and others who have need of AutoCAD drawings.
- Challenge the status quo by offering alternative solutions on pre-sale & sold projects that may enhance the building aesthetics, customer satisfaction, or constructability.
- Must produce construction drawings to support between $13 - $15 million in construction volume per year.
- Manage several projects simultaneously to meet project deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Construction Management or Technology, or
- Technical drafting degree, or 3. 3-4 years experience in the construction of post-frame buildings.
Must be a quick learner, problem solver, and able to communicate effectively and with authority to gain the trust of construction personnel. Must be clean, neat, personable, and an effective team player with a heart to do what it takes to Do Right, On Time, With Excellence!
This position reports directly to the Design Leader.